Freelancing: The way to wellbeing
- 6:30PM - 9:00PM, 15 May 2019
- WeWork Spinningfields, Quay St, Manchester M3 3JE
In the lead up to National Freelancers Day, IPSE are heading to Manchester to host this pre-event focusing on the health and wellbeing of freelancers.
During the evening we will enjoy a keynote session led by Freelance Writer Kerry Needs titled Wellbeing: the central focus of your freelancing life.
Wellbeing is about putting yourself first - as the freelancer, you are your business. During this keynote Kerry will share her personal story of how an illness forced her to prioritise her wellbeing, how it led her to explore remote working, and why wellbeing should be the focus of our freelancing life.
Also covered in the session:
• How prioritising your physical and emotional health has an impact on your freelancing business
• Developing inner resilience as a freelancer
• The link between creativity, productivity and wellbeing
The second half of the evening will be a panel discussion looking at some of the key methods and opportunities available to help maintain wellbeing as a freelancer and ending with drinks, canapes and networking.
18.30 - Registration and welcome drinks
19.00 – Keynote - Wellbeing: the central focus of your freelancing life with Kerry Needs, Freelance Writer
19.20 – Panel discussion with
- Katy Carlisle, Founder of Freelance Folk
- Kelly Gilmour-Grassam, Director of Making You Content
- Alex Khanyaghma, The Cares Family / Manchester Cares
20.00 - Drinks, canapés and networking
21.00 - Close
This event is part of a series in the lead up to our flagship conference National Freelancers Day taking place on Thursday 20 June in Central London. For more information and to book tickets please visit the event website.
We also are currently accepting applications for our upcoming IPSE Freelancer of the Year Awards. Learn more and apply for one of our individual awards.