IR35 and Statements of Work – are they a solution and what are the risks?
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM, 22 Apr 2021
Statements of Work (SoW) have become more frequently discussed in light of the changes to IR35 in the private sector. It has been said they provide a potential solution to clients, agencies and contractors that wish to demonstrate IR35 does not apply to engagements.
But there remains considerable confusion about SoWs, when it is appropriate to use them and how they interact with the off-payroll working (IR35) legislation.
In this webinar IPSE’s Andy Chamberlain talks to two experts in the field: Tom Whittle, Founder of Mavinbay and Phil Bennison, IR35 Consultant and Project Manager.
The webinar will cover:
- What is a Statement (or Schedule) of Work?
- Do SoWs help with IR35 compliance? And, if so, how?
- How and where is the SoW used in the contractual chain?
- How are SoWs used in contracted-out services?
- What are commercial risks of using an SoW for contractors?
- Can we expect to see greater use of SoWs over the next twelve months?
As always there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions during the webinar but you can also send questions in advance to [email protected]