IR35 consultation: IPSE members
Off-payroll working (IR35) in the private sector
Invitation to an IPSE member Focus Group on the consultation
IPSE invites you to a focus group discussion on the off-payroll working in the private sector consultation. There are some significant proposals included in the consultation document which could fundamentally change the contractor model. The purpose of the focus group is to inform IPSE’s position and give us evidence for our formal submission to the consultation.
Your name wil not be used in any IPSE communications and any comments you make at the focus group will be treated anonymously.
There will be two focus groups, one in Glasgow and the other in London:
Glasgow - 5 July 2018 from 5:45pm to 7pm at the Grand Central Hotel, 99 Gordon Street, Glasgow G1 3SL
London - 18 July 2018 from 12:30pm to 2pm at the IPSE office, 10 Dean Farrar Street, Westminster SW1H 0DX
An agenda will be circulated nearer the time, but we expect the discussion to consider the following questions:
- Have any of the focus group worked in the public sector in the last 18 months? Does the government commissioned research into the impact of IR35 changes in the public sector accurately reflect the true picture?
- If clients are made responsible for determining IR35, do you trust them to get it right? How easy or difficult will it be for client organisation to make these determinations?
- Is the CEST tool fit for purpose?
- Is there support for the two other proposals in the consultation? Are there any alternative ideas?
- If you are deemed to be ‘employed for tax purposes’, would you expect employment rights?
- What will you do if the public sector rules are extended to the private sector? (Refuse engagements that are deemed to be inside IR35; put up your rates; retire early; seek work abroad?)
We hope you can join us.
- Fighting IR35 - write to your MP
- IPSE manifesto
- Policy Publications
- About us
- Press Office