- Insurances, contract templates, legal support, community, and much more.
- Resource library
- Ask your MP to sign the IR35 EDM
Ask your MP to sign the IR35 EDM
IPSE has been campaigning long and hard against IR35. We’ve done the ground work in government, industry and the media. Now we want you to add your voices to the struggle. Ask your MP to sign this EDM and show the government how damaging IR35 is to the self-employed.
On 13 May 2019, a motion was presented to the House of Commons which challenges the extension of IR35 to the private sector. The motion states that the extension of IR35 could “damage the UK’s flexible workforce, reducing avenues for work and harm the economy; further notes that the extension could force thousands of contractors into false-employment, potentially costing them an estimated 30 per cent of income”.
IPSE believe IR35 has been disastrous to the self-employed working in the public sector. We call on our members to write to their MP requesting they sign this motion to stop further damage to the private sector.
There are currently eight MPs who have supported the motion.
If you don’t know who your local MP is, you can find out by using the finder below.
The letter is always more effective if it is personalised, written in your voice and draws on your own experiences.
If you are going to write your own letter, here are some points to consider using.
Make sure to stress how extending the changes would affect you personally – and what impact it might have on your voting intentions.
Enter your postcode to find your MP
(opens in a new tab)
- Financial Wellbeing
- How to become a freelance structural engineer
- How to become a freelance coach
- How to become a freelance event planner or organiser
- How to become a freelance photographer
- How to become a freelance proofreader
- How to become a freelance SEO consultant
- How to become a freelance virtual assistant
- How to become a freelance web designer
- How to become a freelance writer
- How to become a freelance business analyst
- How to become an author
- Insurance Advice
- Mental wellbeing advice
- Physical wellbeing advice
- Self-Employed Tax
- Social wellbeing advice
- Ways of working
- Winning work advice
- Self-employed families and parents
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Stress Awareness hub
- Managed service company advice
- IPSE Contract Review
- IPSE Library
- IPSE Partner Offers
- IPSE Rewards
- IPSE Tax, Contract and Legal helplines
- Professional services
- IPSE Incubator
- Templates and Guides