Protect your freedom to freelance
Join our campaigning efforts with 21% off IPSE membership using the promo code SUMMER21.
Taking out an IPSE membership doesn’t just give you peace of mind and the means to boost your business: it’s also supporting the only dedicated voice for the self-employed community.
Right now, the government may be opening up the economy, but it’s also raising new and worrying threats to the self-employed sector:
- The Chancellor is closing in on freelancers with new tax hikes.
- The changes to Corporation Tax disproportionately affect self-employed limited company directors.
- The Chancellor has said there is an ‘inconsistency’ between self-employed and employee taxes, which could mean a hit for sole traders too.
- The changes to IR35 have caused chaos and confusion in self-employment and government isn’t cleaning up the mess.
- Making Tax Digital and proposals to pay tax more frequently threaten the flexibility of freelancing.
- Government support systems such as Universal Credit discriminate against the self-employed.
- There are reports that HMRC are attempting to claw back SEISS grants and furlough payments by taking advantage of the grey areas they created themselves.
IPSE is the unified voice fighting to protect your freedom to freelance, and the more members we have, the louder we are. Become a member today to add your voice to the cause.Fight for your freedom to freelance
Want to get involved? Take 21% off membership for a limited time.
As the economy opens up and freelancers and businesses everywhere gear up for a return to normal, make sure you’re best placed to take advantage of the opportunities to come – with an IPSE membership - your one stop shop for freelancing.
IPSE is offering discounts on membership so that you can access the best advice and tools to build and boost your business. IPSE membership also offers a host of insurances from illness and injury cover to tax investigation insurance: to give you the peace of mind and security to focus on doing what you love.
Use promo code 'SUMMER21' when you sign up and save 21% off your membership.Get 21% off IPSE membership
Uniquely in the UK, IPSE have been consistently advocating for freelancers over many years. They also run events of tangible value, such as National Freelancers Day and a wide program of webinars. Great organisation, offering real value for money. - John Niland, Trustpilot review
Key successes this year
IPSE successfully campaigned for the extension of the Universal Credit minimum income floor suspension, keeping a lifeline open for hundreds of thousands of self-employed people.
IPSE successfully lobbied for small clients to be exempt from new IR35 rules.
IPSE successfully campaigned for the introduction of financial support for the self-employed during the pandemic.
IPSE successfully campaigned for the newly self-employed to be included in the latest SEISS grants.
Representing the self-employed in
Join the fight
IPSE is the only dedicated voice for freelancers and the self-employed: the more members we have, the louder that voice is.
This summer, join IPSE: boost your business and protect your freedom to freelance. Use promo code 'SUMMER21' when you sign up and save 21% off your membership.Get involved Compare memberships