- Upcoming Events
- Support for company directors with Rebecca Seeley Harris – could there be a breakthrough?
Support for company directors with Rebecca Seeley Harris – could there be a breakthrough?
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM, 16 Dec 2020
Momentum has recently been building behind a new concept that would offer parity of support to company directors impacted by coronavirus – the Directors Income Support Scheme (DISS).
DISS is the brainchild of tax and legal expert Rebecca Seeley Harris, an old friend of IPSE’s who formerly worked at the Office of Tax Simplification. Join this webinar to hear Rebecca explain how the DISS would work and whether she thinks government might finally be prepared to get support to company directors, as it has employees and sole traders.
The webinar will cover:
• What support is available to company directors now and where are the gaps?
• What is the DISS and how would it work?
• Is there political support for a new concept at this stage in the pandemic?
• What impact, if any, could this have on future tax rises?
• We might also benefit from Rebecca's thoughts on the impending change to IR35 in the private sector
There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions during in the webinar, but you can also send your questions in advance to [email protected]