Tax and VAT Telephone Helpline Terms
Terms and conditions
Please read this document which contains the helpline terms and conditions and service standards that you can expect from Abbey Tax in connection with the provision of telephone tax and VAT advice.
a) “We/us” means Abbey Tax, One Mitchell Court, Castle Mound Way, Rugby, CV23 0UY.
b) “You/The Caller/The IPSE Member” means an IPSE Standard or Plus Member or member of another IPSE Vertical which has access to the Tax & VAT Helpline through their arrangements with IPSE and advised to Abbey Tax and who has paid the appropriate membership fee as laid down by IPSE for access to the Tax and VAT Telephone Helpline.
c) The “Service” is a telephone tax and VAT helpline only (see below), which will be available to members whilst IPSE has an arrangement with Abbey Tax for the provision of advice either in isolation or as part of insurance-backed services provided by IPSE to its members. The service is reviewed annually and the renewal date unless otherwise specified will be the 1st January each year.
- The helpline will be available during the core hours of 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Telephone advice only will be provided on UK tax and VAT issues and trends.
- Advisors have extensive knowledge of tax and VAT with experience working for HMRC, in practice or both.
- Advice areas covered include contentious Income and Corporation Tax, CGT, IHT, PAYE, NIC and VAT matters, as well as advice and guidance on dealing with investigations.
The service does not provide:
- Access to international tax*
- Advice on tax planning*
- Written advice*
- Investigations consultancy* (other than where the enquiry is under the auspices of IPSE’s tax investigations service)
*This advice can be accessed on a fee-paying basis with fee basis and amount agreed at the outset.
- Wherever possible calls will be put through to an advisor and dealt with immediately.
- Where this is not possible due to call volumes, all calls received before 13.00hrs will be returned the same day.
- All calls received after 13.00hrs (and not connected directly to an advisor) will be returned by 13.00hrs the following day. Current service levels show that 94% of calls are dealt with on the same day with outstanding call backs returned in the first couple of hours of the following day.
This service is being provided to IPSE Members under services provided to members by the IPSE. In order to ensure that both service standards are maintained and that the service meets the needs of its member firms and businesses, Abbey Tax provides IPSE with monthly call logging statistics, which include frequency and categorisation of calls, but details of the caller remain anonymous and confidential and are only shared at the specific request of the member; for example in the event of a complaint.
A full complaints procedure will be issued when a member has a complaint about the Service.