Self-employed support latest: what can you claim now?
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM, 29 Oct 2020
On Thursday 22 October the Chancellor announced that both the Job Support Scheme (JSS) and the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) have been made more generous, but will they be enough to keep those working for themselves afloat over the next six months?
In this webinar IPSE’s Policy Director, Andy Chamberlain and Policy Development Manager, Alasdair Hutchison, will explain how the updated schemes will work, what other help is available, and why IPSE is pushing the government for more.
The webinar will cover:
• Changes to the JSS and what this means for company directors
• Changes to the SEISS and a careful look at how the fine print could make it harder to claim • Are the self-employed getting comparable support to employees?
• What support is available in local lockdowns
• Test and trace payments and the self-employed
• Why are there still so many excluded from support altogether
• Are bounce back loans still on offer?
• Universal Credit and the reintroduction of the Minimum Income Floor
As always we want to hear from you and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions in during the webinar. You can also send questions in advance to [email protected] Please put ‘Question for the Webinar’ in the title of your email.
- 2 Dec 2020