Allens Chartered Accountants
123 Wellington Road South, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 3TH
We are accredited by IPSE (The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed) to provide specialist accountancy and tax services to contractors and freelancers in all sectors.
As a general accountancy practice with a broad range of clients our contractor clients are not simply pushed through a ‘sausage machine’ as they may be at some contractor-specialist firms, which often tend to be online driven. All of our clients’ circumstances are different and indeed often change from year to year. As such we strongly believe in regular contact (face-to-face, phone and e-mail) to ensure we are providing the most appropriate advice specific to each client’s own circumstances. We also have 3 Chartered Tax Advisors and a VAT specialist in our team to ensure the best possible tax advice.
Our fixed fee service (£125 per month, plus VAT), payable by monthly direct debit, covers:
• Year End accounts
• Corporation tax computations and returns
• Directors personal tax returns
• RTI compliant directors payroll
• Companies House Annual Return (excluding filing fee) and notifications
• Registered company agent with HMRC
• Annual tax management including routine queries, dealing with HMRC and
assisting with p11ds
• Advising on allowable expenses, dividends and related paperwork
• Advising on IR35 and other specific contractor tax issues
• End of Year meeting (happy to do by e-mail and/or teleconference if preferable)
to discuss company accounts, company tax and personal tax position
Our mission is that you will leave this meeting fully understanding your accounts and knowing how much tax is payable and when (well in advance of all deadlines)
• Newsletters and alerts
• Reference letters for mortgages
• Unlimited free telephone and e-mail support (within reason of course!)
There are no minimum periods or lock-ins.
We also offer a range of additional services including:
• Assisting with VAT Returns where required (assuming done online on a
• Limited company formation (within 24 hours) plus VAT and flat rate
• Contract reviews
• Fee protection insurance
• Registered Office facility
• Book-keeping services including setup and management of online
You can also obtain a discount on your first year’s IPSE membership fee by joining through us and we offer 2 free months of service for each successful client referral.
We would be more than happy to put you in touch with an existing client or two should you wish to hear their experiences of working with us before making any decision.
If you have any questions please call Paul Horrocks or Ben Furness on