University of Westminster
The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 20,000 students from over 150 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 180-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law. Our commitment to educating graduates for the needs of professional life attracts high quality students from within the UK and around the globe.
The University supports students and graduates to develop their enterprise competencies and entrepreneurial and self-employment careers pursuits through the Creative Enterprise Centre; a Student Enterprise and Entrepreneurship hub. The CEC supports students and graduates interested and pursing self-employment through freelancing or starting their own businesses through:
- A progressive and moderated modular enterprise digital workflow/platform enabling students to manage and keep track of their progress building their enterprise competencies and business ideas, whilst signposting them to the appropriate services and resources most relevant to their stage of progression
- One to one business advice with in-house business advisors
- Scheduled expert and industry led workshops and masterclasses with guidance on how students can build and launch their business ventures
- Expert Surgeries with Legal, Accounting and IP professional experts on specialist and fundamental aspects of starting a business
- A Creative Agency that sources and matched student and graduates to paid freelance portfolio and project commissions
- University organised competitions with monetary prizes and expert advice to support students and graduates to fund the early stages of developing their business concepts
- A 12 – 24-month structured business accelerator programme supporting Home/EU and International graduates with a University of Westminster endorsed Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
- Access to wider London business networks, service providers and institutions