- About us
- What We Do
- IPSE Terms and Conditions
- IPSE Tax Investigation Terms - Plus Membership
IPSE Tax Investigation Terms - Plus Membership
Fee Protection of up to £75,000 is provided in the event of:
Full and Aspect Enquiries into:
- Corporation Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Sole Trader Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Returns
- Employer Compliance (PAYE, P11D &NIC)
HMRC use of Information and Inspection Powers/Sch. 36 Pre Disputes in respect of:
- VAT control visits
- Employer Compliance Visits
- Check of Employer Records
- National Minimum Wage reviews
- Requests for information
- Capital Gains Tax
- Fees incurred prior to the written acceptance of a claim.
- Fees incurred by the member’s own accountant or another 3rd Party unless express permission granted by Markel Tax.
- HMRC Specialist Investigations, Civil Investigations of Fraud, Criminal Investigations Sections, Fraud Investigation Service, Counter Avoidance Sections and Code of Practice 8 or 9 cases.
- Returns submitted more than 90 days after the due date.
- Notification by HMRC of any of the above prior to subscribing to the service
- Failure to notify/register for tax or VAT.
- Compliance costs associated with routine submission of statutory returns and costs for third party valuations.
- Enquiries and Disputes following a voluntary disclosure of irregularities made to HMRC
- Where there is no reasonable prospect of challenging HMRC (VAT, PAYE and IR35 Disputes).
- Tax planning arrangements where HMRC have allocated a DoTAS Number and/or bespoke tax planning arrangements outside of the normal trade.
Claims Procedures and administration
In the event a member suffers an investigation, the member should contact IPSE to make a claim under the IPSE Tax Investigations Service. IPSE will inform Markel Tax who will advise whether or not the claim has been accepted and will then contact the member directly to deal with the matter.
The member will be represented by an investigations consultant from Markel Tax and Markel Tax will reclaim any costs incurred in dealing with the Enquiry directly from the insurance company. IPSE will be responsible and have the discretion for making claims under its Policy. Members will be responsible for any fees that cannot be recovered from Insurers.